• The Expert Explains

    The Expert Explains

    Question: Valid or not?
    "Your hours of work can be changed, provided you are given 12 hours notice of such change"?

  • See more video clips



    2.1 There must be a rule or standard
    2.2 The rule must be valid
    2.3 The rule must be consistently applied
    2.4 The employee must be aware of the rule
    2.5 Corrective approach
    3.1 Preparation for disciplinary hearing
    3.2 Conducting the disciplianry hearing
    3.3 Administration after the hearing

    Downloadable Forms Click here to access these documents in the Forms section

    1A1 Notice of Disciplinary Enquiry
    1B1 Detailed Guidelines: Preparing for Disciplinary Enquiry
    Code of Good Practice.Dismissal (Schedule 8 2009 07 update)
    Form 1.1 Disciplinary Code & Procedure
    Form1.2 Informal disciplinary interview.No dismissal envisaged
    Form 1.3 Record of warning. All in one
    Form 1.4 Notice of disciplinary hearing
    Form 1.4b Notice of disciplinary hearing & suspension
    Form 1.4c Suspension only
    Form 1.5 Formal disciplinary hearing guidelines. Possible dismissal
    Form 1.6 Dismissal.notice
    Form 1.7 Administration after dismissal
    Form 1.8 Certificate of service

    Sorry, but this information is available to subscribers only. If you are a subscriber, please log in to access this page. If you would like to subscribe, please Register here or visit Subscriber benefits for more information.



    1. Jan Truter
      Posted 12 January 2018 at 8:54 am | Permalink

      Reply to Lulama: It is quite possible that she has deserted. You can send her a communication to confirm whether this is the case. If you are a subscriber, Labourwise can assist you with the wording and give guidance on how to deal with the matter.

    2. Lulama Mekhazni
      Posted 12 January 2018 at 7:26 am | Permalink

      One of the employees has stolen money in December and has not returned to work. How do I handle this.

    3. Jan Truter
      Posted 20 December 2016 at 12:51 pm | Permalink

      Reply to Mokgalaka: You may challege your dismissal by referring a dispute to the CCMA.

    4. mokgalaka promise
      Posted 29 November 2016 at 7:15 pm | Permalink

      I’m unfairly fired from work without no reason

    5. Jan Truter
      Posted 17 August 2016 at 2:27 pm | Permalink

      Reply to Simon: Whether bad financial advice was renderd in a specific instance is objectively determinable. What action can be taken, though, depends on the seriousness of the ‘mistake’ or ‘mistakes’, as well as (in your case) the extent to which he engaged with you regarding the expectations of the business.

    6. Simon
      Posted 16 August 2016 at 11:15 pm | Permalink

      Can my line manager accuse an employee of rendering bad financial advice when he did nothing after 5 performance appraisals to highlight his concerns about the quality of my advice or set a meeting with him or her whether formal or informal to satisfy himself that the advice dispensed to clients is aligned to what is required by the business

    7. Jan Truter
      Posted 26 February 2014 at 9:08 am | Permalink

      Reply to Francois: You may refer an unfair dismissal dispute to the CCMA within 30 days of the date of your dismissal.

    8. Francois Meyer
      Posted 21 February 2014 at 9:39 pm | Permalink

      I was unfairly dismissed for misconduct on 2 cases. I needs advice that i can use in the labour court. Please assist

    Post a Comment

    Your email is never shared. Required fields are marked *