We are Labourwise
Labourwise is a unique, web-based labour relations advisory service for small, medium-sized and larger businesses to make labour legislation user friendly, understandable, practical, affordable and accessible.
The service is as a monthly subscription service (Cost) where, upon registration (Register here!) members gain full, unlimited access to the Labourwise advice service and all its associated resources.
These resources include:
- Regularly updated, straightforward explanations of labour legislation and how it affects employers
- Forms that can be used in the daily management of employees and labour relations
- Generic employment contracts for temporary and permanent appointments
- Practical hints for employers about the do's and don'ts of labour relations
- A glossary of labour relations terminology
- Complete labour legislation and related documents as they become available
- Regular newsletters & updates that will inform you about any changes in labour legislation with practical advice on how to apply it in the workplace
- Information about interesting CCMA and labour court cases that might be relevant to small and medium-sized businesses
- Links to other labour-related web sites such as those of the Department of Labour; National Economic and Labour Advisory Council (Nedlac); and the Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA)
- Back-up services including telephonic and email support (Contact us), labour consultations at reasonable hourly rates, referrals to a wide national network of labour consultants, arranging of representation at the CCMA and IR functions in bigger organisations
Who we are
Our team consists of Labour Law, Industrial Relations and Human Resources experts with many years of experience.
a BA LLB (Stellenbosch University) graduate practising as an attorney since 1985 and specialising in labour legislation since 1990; founder of Labourwise
formerly from Stellenbosch University, who keeps track of the latest developments on the labour legislation front
a MPhil (Policy Formulation) from Stellenbosch University and PG Diploma in Labour Law (UJ), specialising in dispute resolution, workplace discipline, Industrial Relations and other employment related matters
a B Soc Sc graduate from Rhodes University and PG Dip IR (University of Natal) who specialises in BEE verification, Skills Development, standard operating procedures and general HR consulting
a BA (cum laude), BA Hons (cum laude), MBA (North West University) graduate who specialises in Employment Equity, recruitment, policies and procedures and strategic HR development
a BComm (Hons) graduate from North West University who specialises in dispute resolution, workplace discipline, Industrial Relations and other employment related matters
Regional Manager-Gauteng, BComm (Hons) graduate who specialises in dispute resolution, workplace discipline, Industrial Relations and other employment related matters
Labourwise can help you interpret the provisions of labour legislation and advise you on how to manage your employees in compliance with this legislation.
Labourwise Human Resources offers you customised and practical solutions to manage all your Human Resources requirements effectively and with ease.
How it works
1 Register online. Create an online access privilege for yourself by selecting your own username/password and completing all required fields. By completing the online registration form you will not be obligated to join/become a member, we will only add you to our mailing list to receive our free newsletter and forward you more information regarding our services.
2 Payment options. Labourwise is a monthly web-based subscription service. Subscription fees are calculated in accordance with the size of your business and we offer two payment options. Subscription fees are payable by a monthly debit order instruction OR by eft payment on receipt of an invoice generated every 6 or 12 months (payable in advance).
3 Membership activation. Once we have received your payment instruction/proof of payment we will activate your membership and online account to gain full/unrestricted access to our website & services.
Labourwise can also be used as a standardisation tool for owners that run more than one business and have managers in various locations or in branches of the same company. Standardise all labour procedures and rest assured that managers will implement procedures according to the law! For HR practitioners in bigger organisations, use Labourwise to get your line managers' support to implement labour legislation timeously.
In a nutshell, the Labourwise advice service is an uncomplicated, safe and cost-effective way of understanding and implementing labour legislation in your business.
Use us to take preventive measures to minimise labour issues, or resolve existing problems before they break your company's bank. Think of us as your long-term labour legislation partner!
See the section Cost for more information about how the Labourwise web service works.